- 1 How does Face ID work in the dark?
- 2 Can someone else unlock your phone with Face ID?
- 3 Does Face ID work if sleeping?
- 4 Is Face ID safer than fingerprint?
- 5 Does Face ID work for twins?
- 6 Can Face ID work with a mask?
- 7 Will Face ID work if I shave my beard?
- 8 Can Apple Face ID be fooled?
- 9 Can iPhone Face ID be fooled?
- 10 Will Face ID work with your eyes closed?
- 11 Does iPhone 13 have Touch ID?
- 12 Does iPhone 12 have Touch ID?
How does Face ID work in the dark?
Face ID uses infrared to scan your face, so it works in low lighting conditions and in the dark. The TrueDepth camera also has what Apple calls a “Flood Illuminator,” aka an infrared light that illuminates your face in the dark so the dot map and the infrared camera can do their jobs.