- 1 What is an example of intolerable?
- 2 What does intolerable mean in the dictionary?
- 3 What type of word is intolerable?
- 4 Is it Untolerable or intolerable?
- 5 What is the difference between intolerable and insufferable?
- 6 What is the opposite in meaning of intolerable?
- 7 What is the synonym of intolerable?
- 8 What is another word for the Intolerable Acts?
- 9 What does intolerable mean in social studies?
- 10 What is the synonym and antonym for intolerable?
- 11 What is lacking tolerance?
- 12 What were the 4 Intolerable Acts?
- 13 What is unendurable mean?
- 14 How do you become tolerant?
- 15 How do you overcome intolerance?
- 16 What are some of the underlying causes of intolerance?
- 17 What does tolerating someone mean?
- 18 What are the 7 pillars of tolerance?
- 19 Who is a tolerant person?
- 20 What does uncouth woman mean?
- 21 Is tolerance the same as love?
What is an example of intolerable?
The definition of intolerable is something that is unbearable or not able to be endured. When pain is too much to bear or cope with, this is an example of a time when the pain would be described as intolerable.
What does intolerable mean in the dictionary?
adjective. not tolerable; unendurable; insufferable: intolerable pain. excessive.
What type of word is intolerable?
Not tolerable; not capable of being borne or endured; not proper or right to be allowed; insufferable; insupportable; unbearable. Extremely offensive or insulting.
Is it Untolerable or intolerable?
Obsolete form of intolerable.
What is the difference between intolerable and insufferable?
As adjectives the difference between insufferable and intolerable. is that insufferable is not sufferable; very difficult or impossible to endure while intolerable is not tolerable; not capable of being borne or endured; not proper or right to be allowed; insufferable; insupportable; unbearable.
What is the opposite in meaning of intolerable?
intolerable, unbearable, unendurableadjective. incapable of being put up with. “an intolerable degree of sentimentality” Antonyms: supportable, resistant, tolerable, sufferable, endurable, tolerant, bearable.
What is the synonym of intolerable?
unbearable, insufferable, unsupportable, insupportable, unendurable, beyond endurance, unacceptable, impossible, more than flesh and blood can stand, too much to bear, past bearing, not to be borne, overpowering.
What is another word for the Intolerable Acts?
Intolerable Acts, also called Coercive Acts, (1774), in U.S. colonial history, four punitive measures enacted by the British Parliament in retaliation for acts of colonial defiance, together with the Quebec Act establishing a new administration for the territory ceded to Britain after the French and Indian War (1754–63 …
1 : not tolerable : unbearable intolerable pain. 2 : excessive. Other Words from intolerable Synonyms & Antonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About intolerable.
What is the synonym and antonym for intolerable?
unendurable, unbearable. Antonyms: supportable, resistant, tolerable, sufferable, endurable, tolerant, bearable.
What is lacking tolerance?
noun. lack of tolerance; unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect opinions or beliefs contrary to one’s own. unwillingness or refusal to tolerate or respect persons of a different social group, especially members of a minority group. incapacity or indisposition to bear or endure: intolerance to heat.
What were the 4 Intolerable Acts?
The four acts were the Boston Port Act, the Massachusetts Government Act, the Administration of Justice Act, and the Quartering Act. The Quebec Act of 1774 is sometimes included as one of the Coercive Acts, although it was not related to the Boston Tea Party.
What is unendurable mean?
Definition of unendurable
: too unpleasant, painful, or difficult to accept or endure : not endurable : unbearable unendurable suffering … periods of unendurable stress and desperation.—
How do you become tolerant?
Here are 4 tips for building tolerance for others.
- Take Ownership of Your Feelings. Recognize that no one can make you feel a certain way without your permission. …
- Develop Curiosity. In many cases, when we lack tolerance towards others it’s simply because we don’t understand them. …
- Change Your Perspective. …
- Practice Respect.
How do you overcome intolerance?
They can help you deal with yourself and others in order to cultivate the benefits of a life filled with tolerance and stillness.
- Own Your Feelings. …
- Look Within. …
- Check Your Ego. …
- Meditate. …
- Remember Change Is Imminent. …
- Use Your Power. …
- Keep Perspective. …
- Practice Patience.
What are some of the underlying causes of intolerance?
Causes of food intolerance include:
- Absence of an enzyme needed to fully digest a food. Lactose intolerance is a common example.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. This chronic condition can cause cramping, constipation and diarrhea.
- Sensitivity to food additives. …
- Recurring stress or psychological factors. …
- Celiac disease.
What does tolerating someone mean?
If you tolerate a situation or person, you accept them although you do not particularly like them. She can no longer tolerate the position that she’s in. Synonyms: endure, stand, suffer, bear More Synonyms of tolerate.
What are the 7 pillars of tolerance?
The programme, launched in June 2016, is based on seven key pillars:
- The UAE’s Constitution.
- Zayed’s legacy and ethics of the UAE.
- international conventions.
- archaeology and history.
- common values.
Who is a tolerant person?
The definition of tolerant is a person who understands and accepts the different ideals and beliefs of others. An example of tolerant is three best friends who are Jewish, Christian and Muslim. adjective.
What does uncouth woman mean?
adjective. If you describe a person as uncouth, you mean that their behavior is vulgar, noisy, and unpleasant.
Is tolerance the same as love?
Booker offers a distinction between love and tolerance: Tolerance is becoming accustomed to injustice; love is becoming disturbed and activated by another’s adverse condition.